Day 01 : Arrive Kolkata
On arrival at Kolkata International Airport and transfer to Hotel . Kolkata, Eastern India’s largest city. Overnight at the hotel.
Day-02: Kolkata – Bagdogra – Darjeeling
After breakfast, transfer to airport in time to board flight for Bagdogra, the gateway to the eastern Himalayas. On arrival at Bagdogra airport and transfer to Darjeeling by road (90 kms /3 ½ hrs). On arrival in Darjeeling check in at Hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 03 : In Darjeeling
Early morning visit to Tiger Hill and Ghoom Monastery. The early morning visit to Tiger Hill will always be rememberedon your tour, Later visit the Himalayan Zoological Park, the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Gumbu Rock site and Tibetan Refugee self-help centre as well as an evening visit to the tea gardens. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 04 : Darjeeling – Gangtok
After breakfast, depart for Gangtok (Capital of the Hill state of Sikkim) by road (98 kms/4 ½ hrs). On arrival in Gangtok check in at the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 05 : In Gangtok
Breakfast at the hotel.Then proceed for a sight-seeing tour of Gangtok ,visiting the Rumtek Monastery, the Research Institute of Tibetology, Do Drul Chorten, the Institute of Cottage Industries and the 200 year old Enchey monastery. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 06 : Gangtok – Phuntsholing
After breakfast, depart for Indo – Bhutan border (220 kms/approx 07 hrs). From here, our Bhutan representative will receive you and take you to Phuntsholing, from where your tour to Bhutan begins. The gateway to the south, Phuntsholing is a thriving commercial Centre on the northern edge of the Indian plains. On arrival in Phuntsholing check in to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 07 : Phuntsholing – Thimphu
After breakfast, depart for Thimphu by road (180 kms/06 hrs). 4 km ahead of Phuntsholing, visit Kharbandi Gompa, the beautiful monastery situated in garden of tropical plants and flowers. The monastery contains paintings depicting scenes from the life of Buddha and statues of Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and Guru Rimpoche. From the monastery garden there is a splendid view of Phuntsholing and plains of West Bengal and their tea gardens beyond.
Proceed further to Thimphu. Lunch stop en route. Five miles, before Thimphu, visit Simtokha Dzong, the oldest fortress of the Kingdom which now houses the School for religious and cultural studies. On arrival in Thimphu check in to the Hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 08 : In Thimphu
Breakfast at the hotel, Then proceed for a sightseeing tour of Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan, visiting the National Library housing an extensive collection of priceless Buddhist manuscripts, the Institute for Zorig Chusum (commonly known as the Painting School) which conducts training courses in Bhutan’s traditional arts and crafts, Textile and Folk Heritage Museum. After lunch, visit Trashichhoedzong, “fortress of the glorious religion”, the centre of Bhutan’s government and religion, King’s Memorial Chorten and the government-run Handicrafts Emporium and local crafts shops, to browse through example of Bhutan’s fine traditional arts. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 09 : Thimphu – Paro
After breakfast, depart for Paro by road (55 kms/1 ½ hr). On arrival in Paro check into the hotel.Then proceed for a sightseeing tour of Paro, visiting the Ta Dzong, with it’s fascinating collection of arts, paintings, exquisite postage stamps, coins and handicrafts. Also visit the Rinpung Dzong, known as ‘fortress of the heap of jewel’s. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 10 : In Paro
Breakfast at the hotel, Then proceed for an excursion to the Taktsang Monastery. Perched on the side of a cliff 900m above the Paro valley floor, according to the legend, Guru Rinpoche arrived here on the back of a tigress, and meditated at this place, hence the monastery is also called ‘Tiger’s Nest’.
After lunch drive to Drukgyel Dzong. This dzong, with a picturesque village nestling below its ramparts, was built in 1646 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal to commemorate his victory over the Tibetan invaders. Also visit the Kyichu Lhakhang, built in 7th century, it is one of the two oldest and most sacred shrines in Bhutan. Overnight in Paro.
Day 11 : Paro – Kolkata and Depart
Transfer to Paro airport in time to connect your flight for Kolkata, Arrive Kolkata and connect flight for your destination.
End Of Services
Our Price Includes:
- Meeting and assistance on arrival/departure as per program.
- Transfer from Airport to Hotel and vice-versa and surface transportation by. Air conditioned car as per program , including transfer of luggage.
- Sightseeing /excursion as per program by air conditioned car with English speaking guide –( French/Italian/Spanish/German/Mandarin/Japanese speaking guide available on supplementary cost).
- Accommodation on twin sharing Full Board Basis (except in Kolkata where it is on Bed & Breakfast only basis) at the hotels mentioned above. Accommodation in Bhutan will be in Category “A” hotels (which are good 3 star Deluxe hotels in Bhutan).
- Entrance fees at monument of visit as per program.
- Professional charges for the location of the tour arrangements.
Our prices DO NOT include the following:
- Dinner supplement quoted separately
- Any early check in, late check- out will be subject to room occupancy of the day, at any of the hotel.
- Any personal expenses – phone calls, laundry, table drinks.
- Any additional expenses caused by or liability for disturbance in the trip due to circumstances beyond our control such as airline & railway delays, roadblocks, vehicle malfunctions (mechanical breakdown) and other conditions like sickness, natural disasters, wars etc.
- Liability for insurance against injury, loss of life, accidents, damage or loss of goods.
- Gratuities for Guides and Drivers
- Any services / meals other than specified above.
- Airfare quoted is only indicative and actual fare will be known only at the time of the booking and may vary at the time of booking. Group fare will be higher than the FIT fare
- In case accommodation is not available at the time of booking, shall book next best available hotel and shall advise you the supplement / reduction applicable accordingly.
- These rates are not valid during peak period i.e. from 20th December 2019 till 10th January 2020
- Compulsory meals may be applicable during some festival period for which rates will be advised to you once we receive same from the hotels / vendors.
Hotels suggested :
|City||5 star||4 star||3 star|
|Kolkata||The Park Hotel||Fairfield by Marriot||The Senator Hotel|
|Darjeeling||Mayfair Himalaya||The Elgin Hotel||Summit Swiss Heritage|
|Gangtok||Hotel Norkhil||WH Denoz Regency||Hotel Greenery View|
|Phuntsholing||Hotel Druk||Tashi Namgay Grand||LegPhel Hotel|
|Thimphu||Hotel Kisa||City Hotel Thimpu||Gakyil Thimpu|
|Paro||Hotel Olathang||Hotel Olathang||Rema Resort|